Sunday, July 28, 2013

Unexpected Guidance?

"...And I think of Jesus's arms and how I need Him, that's who I need and I know I know Him through these friends but that I'm going to have to keep following Him to keep whole."
------ Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams

Today I prayed to God, to Jesus, to help me find guidance. To come closer to him and to understand him more. That's it. That's all I did.

Then I went to my mother's house to look after her. (She just had back surgery) While there, I read an entire book. The one quoted above called Waiting. I picked this book up from the library for fun. Just to read and enjoy. Not anywhere in the description does it mention a theme of religion. Not anywhere does it mention that Jesus was going to step in. However; in the end the protagonist makes statement, quoted above, and it took me by surprise.

The girl lost her brother, her very best friend. Her mother hated her after the loss and her family fell apart. She struggles with getting along with her life. God helps her through.

I am in love with the fact that this has happened to me tonight. That God has answered my prayers just hours after I asked for guidance.

I've been in such a funk lately. I've been so sad and unhappy. I've been completely unwilling to be cheered up or to do anything but what is required of me. I feel strongly that I felt compelled to read this book to help me. To prove that I can turn to Him for guidance.

                            Love,
                                 Lexy

No comments:

Post a Comment