Saturday, July 27, 2013

A little thinking about THE big guy.

A religious person I am not. I dabble through stages of learning about God and what it means to be apart of his 'family.' Overall, I never end up convinced and I feel as if God has to prove Himself to me. It is very difficult for me to hand over control and even more difficult for me to put faith in something whose only evidence of existence is man made- the Bible. Sure there are 'miracles' and testimonies from people, but there are people who truly believe all kinds of things and that doesn't make them real.

My point, with this post, is not to go into a rant about how God isn't real. I DON'T KNOW. I am simply a 21 year old girl trying to figure life out. I don't believe that as a human being, anybody on Earth could possibly fathom what God is like, truly. The majesty of a superior being could not be absorbed by our likeness.

That said, I am back into the mood where I am trying to learn about God. I've decided to try this website: http://www.godlife.com/new-believers-guide that has short program for getting started. It has thirty lessons, questions, and people available to talk to if need be.

My main issue is that I don't care for going to church. I don't know where I would go or even what to expect. I know that shouldn't be an issue. However, I am extremely introverted and actually quite afraid of dealing with people. I feel like attending church would help me, but then it would end up feeling like an obligation and I would become resentful towards church and God.

I'm going to explore some more on the internet and see what I come up with.

                                                         Love,
                                                              Lexy

No comments:

Post a Comment