Friday, August 24, 2012

Second Week Of Fall Semester

Update on my goals... I haven't been getting the sleep like I've wanted. In fact, it is like my family is conspiring against me. Because I don't have a room, I don't have any quiet place to escape to and the noise of the T.V. definitely keeps me up. So do the lights of the T.V. But it is around 10pm that they decide to come out and watch a movie or play games. Kind of annoying, but at the same time I like spending time with them. Last night, however, I only got four hours of sleep. That is definitely NOT good.

Yesterday I gave the dogs a bath, mopped the back porch, cleaned up some garbage, folded mine and Cathlene's laundry, swept the front porch, washed the cars and tidied up the living room a little bit. So my tidying up goal is going pretty well.

Today Spencer and I took the dogs on a walk. I think we went on a walk on one other day this week. So, at least that's twice this week! We walked them over to Sasha's place and they played with their dogs sort of. So there was: Fiona, Toasty, Lane, Timber, and Cocoa! Haha. It was such a cute pack! :D I should have taken a picture. But this KIND of counts as doing something not with the family. I mean... eventually Sasha will be family... but not yet!

I think I've been doing pretty well about relaxing. At least, I haven't been getting super down about things and I've been relatively active and friendly. It's amazing how much better my life feels now compared to how I felt at OSU.

I've also been doing my homework and reading my books. However, I only received a 50% on my first International Economics quiz. :( I studied for it too! At least I know what the questions will be like now, though so that's good.

I applied at Food Pyramid this week with Junior and Tracy. There were sooo many people there. I'm not getting my hopes up about it. I think it would be nice to have a bit of income. The little bit that I saved from last year is dwindling with Netflix, Tanning, and Phone Card reductions. The tanning one is especially stupid! I don't even live in Stillwater and they never answer when I call! RAWR!!

Lastly, I recently went to talk to a professor about an assignment and she eventually introduced me to an advisor. Together they managed to get my Statistics class from OSU to transfer over to RSU by having the department head approve the transfer! So, I dropped my Statistics class and now I have to add this Employment and Labor class to stay full time. However, the normal drop/add deadline has been reached so I have to get his signature and do everything the hard way. :( I have to wait until 1:00pm to do that though. So, I'm just sitting here. I'm excited though! This will help me move along faster.

I've also read a whole bunch of Wuthering Heights. I'm struggling to NOT finish it because I don't want to get too ahead of Jori and ruin in for her. It is so good! And now I see the strange behavior that Heathcliff has and why the introduction talked about it so detached and un-understanding. He's a freaking crazy man. Catherine and her daughter Catherine are both odd, spoiled people too. So many crazy, self-absorbed people living so close to each other! They all deserve each other I guess.

That is a rough idea of what I've been up to this week! :)

                      Hasta luego!
                           Lexy

No comments:

Post a Comment