Monday, August 20, 2012

Lovely New Blog

I realized that I prefer to type more than I do write because it goes by much faster. So, I've decided to make a blog!

My hopes with this blog is that I will be able to record my life, the ups and downs, so that later on I can come back and see how things have changed. I may even pass the link on to people I know so that they can stay up-to-date. :)

I'm starting my second week of school at Roger State University as a Human Resource Management Major. I love the idea of becoming part of Human Resource Management. Prior to RSU, I attended OSU as an Accounting major. I had come across many obstacles with that route. First, I wasn't that talented in Accounting. Second, I didn't react well to being separated from my loved ones for that long. Lastly, the cost was immense!

I'm hoping that I can live a more balanced life by going to RSU and staying in my hometown with my family.

Wuthering Heights is turning out to be a great book. The introduction, for me, made the book sound like it was going to be dull or... strange. And while some of the actions of the characters are strange, it is by no means out of the ordinary in modern times. I wish Heathcliff and Catherine were able to be together during life, however maybe they deserve to be constantly separated due to the fact that they are arrogant and ill tempered. I'm actually reading this book with Jori as part of our 'book club.' I wish she wasn't so tied up with her proceedings for Spain so that we could discuss the book more, but she needs to set her priorities straight and the start of her Spanish adventure is quickly approaching.

One more thing I did want to mention is my 'Happiness Project' which I decided to undergo due to a book I've been reading cleverly called The Happiness Project. I've come up with a few goals that I want to work hard towards achieving that I think will increase my happiness overall. They are as follows:
  1. Get 8 and only 8 hours of sleep a night. (Bed by 10pm, wake by 6am)
  2. Exercise daily. (Morning walk, workout during the day)
  3. Engage socially. (Do something AT LEAST once a month with non-family members)
  4. Finish homework in a timely manner. (Work during down hours at school)
  5. Clean regularly. (Tidy up areas around the house every so often)
  6. Relax. (Learn to quelch any random feelings of anxiety.

Thanks for reading,
                Lexy

No comments:

Post a Comment